Downloading and adding new .mcv and audio effects from ManyCam.com
You can import your own pre-made custom effects to ManyCam or download new cool ones from the ManyCam website http://download.manycam.com/effects/.
If you would like to add your own custom effect, first read the detailed user guides on how to create a ManyCam effect resource file from scratch on our help page. After you finished creating your own effect, follow these instructions:
1. Open the ManyCam main window and click the Add New Effect button in the bottom left part of the Effects tab.
2. In the Add New Effect window, select the Resource File for your effect from your computer by pressing "Browse", then pick the Type of effect and the Category where your effect will appear. Fill the Name and Author fields with corresponding information. You can leave the Author field blank.
3. The chosen ManyCam effect will be added to the corresponding category, and this category tab will be opened. Click on the effect icon to use the effect you just added.
If you would like to download and add a new effect from the ManyCam website, follow these instructions:
- Open the ManyCam web page http://download.manycam.com/effects/.
- Open the preferred category of effects, choose the effect and click the Download link. Save the file on your hard disk (all ManyCam effects are saved in the MCV and MCE formats). The effect will be saved as an .mcv file.
- There are two ways to add the downloaded effect to ManyCam:
- a. Open the folder containing the downloaded file. Double click on the .mcv file icon. ManyCam's Add new effect window will open automatically and the Resource File will be displayed in the window. The effect's category, type, name and the author of the effect will be set automatically. You can change the effect name if you want. Press "OK" to add the effect.
- b. Open the Effects tab of the ManyCam main window and click the Add new effect button. Select the Resource File for your effect from your computer by pressing "Browse". The Resource File will be displayed in the Add new effect window. The effect's category, type, name and the author of the effect will be set automatically. You can change the effect name if you want. Press "OK" to add the effect.
4. The ManyCam effect will be added to the corresponding category. Click on the effect icon to use the new effect.